Senior Adults Community
Our Senior Adults ministry equips and supports our senior adults to thrive spiritually and relationally while living purposefully. This enables us to leave a rich legacy with emerging generations who are walking with Jesus and partnering with Him in His mission in the world for a lifetime.
"Affirming the value and unlocking the potential of every HCBC Senior Adult"
Offer your life wisdom to help younger generations navigate their future
Share from your life experiences to help individuals from younger generations gain perspective, wisdom, skills, and life impact.
- Youth (weekly gathering, D-groups) - Contact Alex Lutz for more information.
- Young Adults in the Workplace (LifeWork) - Contact Jeff Johnson for more information.
- Pre-Marital Counseling - Contact Dave & Karen Sexton for more information.
- Marriage (Re-Engage) - Contact Andy & Deborah Knapp for more information.
- Parenting (Courageous Parenting)
If you have never been discipled and would like to be, or if you are already an experienced disciplemaker, we encourage you to take next steps toward discipling individuals from a young generation. Become rooted and grounded in Christ as a life-long worshipper, servant, witness, and disciplemaker, and help others do the same. For more information, contact Blake McDaniel
Learn how to have a greater spiritual impact on your grandkids amidst the overwhelming cultural challenges they are growing up with. Also strengthen your relationship with your adult children. For more information, contact Ken & Sylvia Cates.
Use your time, talent or treasure to help foster the work we are doing
Bless our community and saturate Greater Austin with the love of Jesus. There are dozens of different service opportunities related to disaster relief, education, poverty, and workplace. Community Impact also partners with nearly 20 affiliated non-profits. For more information, contact Stephanie Oberhoff.
Personally share the good news about Jesus with the lost, both in your spheres of influence locally and among the least reached globally.
Engage in personal evangelism where you live, work, and play.
There are opportunities for you to pray for the world, welcome international students and immigrants, send / fund / care for missionaries, and go to the nations short-term and long-term.
Help with Sunday School, AWANAs and Great Adventure. There are opportunities with infants, pre-school, and kindergarten through grade 5. Contact Amber Schraeder for more information.
From Sunday morning greeters and ushers to every month Discover Hill Country events, help people who are new to HCBC feel welcomed, get connected, and experience real community. Contact Jeremy Scudder for more information.
Find ways to grow & nurture your spiritual life and well-being
DISCOVER HILL COUNTRY
This is the place to start for everyone looking to grow spiritually. This one-time weekend conference (Fri night/Sat morning) is designed to help you move forward in following Jesus, growing together, impacting others, and living on purpose. Contact Jeremy Scudder for more information.
We all need to be part of a community of like-hearted Jesus followers as we seek to mature in Christ. HCBC offers 11 types of small groups so we are certain you can find the right one for your needs. Contact Garrett Neuman for more information.
- Prime Time class A community of Senior Adults that gather together to study God's Word, pray for and support one another, and grow in our God-given purpose to leave a legacy of faith for the next generation. They meet Sundays 9:00am, Lakeline Rm 4.110. For more information contact David Sexton.
- Men’s Bible Studies Contact Rick James for more information.
- Women’s Bible Studies Contact Kristi Lewis for more information.
- Saturate Austin Institute Provide Biblical and practical training and equipping designed to foster personal growth and maximize your effectiveness in personal ministry. Contact Laurie Carlson for more information.
- Biblical Worldview
- Colson Fellowship
- Disciplemakers Learning Community
- Leadership Development
- Living the Called Life
- New Testament Survey
- Relational Leadership
congregational care & support
This ministry serves our senior adults who are struggling or hurting. Contact Cindy Murrell for more information about Celebrate Recovery, DivorceCare, funerals & memorials, GriefCare, and Widows in Touch. Contact Staci Reichmanis for more information about counseling services. Contact Bob King for care for those who are shut-in, in the hospital, or in hospice care.
Stay in the Know
Would you like to receive communication about Adult Ministries happenings? Help us be able to get information to you!
To receive our monthly Senior Adult newsletter to help keep you informed, opt-in HERE.
Questions about Senior Adults, email us at at [email protected]