The Community Impact Ministry equips and sends the people of Hill Country Bible Church to bless our community and saturate Greater Austin with the love of Jesus. As individuals grow in their walk with God, we develop and empower them to help lead our movement of changed lives that impacts Greater Austin for Christ.
New Year Serving Opportunities
Hill Country Bible Church will be hosting Feed My Starving Children Mobile Pack event! Why a mobile packing event? Food assistance is a vital component in the process of transitioning individuals, families and communities out of chronic hunger and poverty and into self-sufficiency. "Hunger is the world's biggest solvable problem." – World Food Programme. We believe that food is the foundation for all other progress. To a starving child, hope can only truly begin once a reliable source of nutritious food has been established. FMSC produces three special MannaPack™ meal formulas developed by food scientists to specifically stop malnutrition. We believe Jesus Christ has called us to feed the hungry and serve those in need. Join us so that, together, we can make an impact!
- Feeding children in our community and around the world
- Partnering with local churches, businesses, schools, civic orgs.
- Encouraging 1,500+ volunteers to donate 2 hours of their time
- Packing 270,000 meals; that's enough to feed 740 kids a daily meal for an entire year!
- Collecting can food to restock the Reveal Resource Center (local community food bank).
Servant leaders enable us to do what we do, every day. We couldn’t do this work without YOU.
Servant leaders pack all of the meals that the donations pay for.
It takes both packing and donating to feed the children!
We promise it will be a fun and meaningful way for your church group, work colleagues, families and friends to unite for a wonderful cause.
On the FMSC Website: Click on volunteer, then at the bottom of the page on the blue box saying VIEW 10 PACKING TIMES.
What your contribution will go towards:
1 meal costs less than 25 cents
$88 feeds a child for a year
$365 feeds a family for a year
$1,866 provides a pallet of food
$10,000 feeds a village
**Click "Other Donation" and add Community Impact FMSC in the memo line.
It is not too late to register to be a Literacy Partner TODAY! When you serve as a Literacy Partner you will have the opportunity to read for 30 minutes with two Kinder-3rd grade students once a week. Not only will you help them become a proficient reader but you have the ability to have Kingdom impact in their lives. Literacy Partners have been designated as essential volunteers and are being invited into the schools. Please prayerfully consider serving students, their families, and our educators in this way.
Ongoing Serving Opportunities
- Care Collection Drive for Faith Home Restoration. Organize a care collection for monthly items that are needed for each house.
- Become a client advocate or intercessor at a local PRC (Pregnancy Resource Center). Training is available to learn how to walk along side and care for clients.
- Teach English, trade skill, or serve a meal to students at River City Hope Street. Everyone deserves the opportunity to have a structured, faith based, meaningful educational experience.
- Support a new Foster/Adopt family to help them as they welcome a new child into their home.
- Volunteer to help someone in the community with home clean-up or minor repairs. Partners in Hope have some upcoming workdays. All ages and skill levels are appreciated.
Not sure where to serve?
Discover Hill Country is a perfect place to start. The classes we hold each month will help you learn more about the unique gifts and abilities God has placed in you. You will also find current opportunities to begin making a difference in the world around you.