One of our deepest passions is impacting others in our community with the love of Jesus Christ. Through our Community Impact ministries, we mobilize and equip the people of Hill Country to make a difference in the lives of those around us, serving them in a variety of ways.
Three Key Volunteer Initiatives
Impacting Others during COVID-19
Due to Covid-19 and the resulting high unemployment and underemployment, our food pantries are serving a record number of people every week. Since April we have averaged over 5,000 families (21,000 individuals) each month at our multiple partnership sites.
Here's a list of key ways you can help our community right now and support our local partners as they respond to COVID-19.
Tree of Lights and Christmas Resource Center
TREE OF LIGHTS
Each December The HCBC Tree of Lights ministry has blessed the children whose families may not have the means to purchase gifts. This year the list for those gifts are found online rather than on a tree in our Church Lobby. Some of the agencies we support are: Arrow Child and Family Ministries, Cedar Park Blue Santa, Settlement Home, Agape Pregnancy Resource Center and HCBC Prison Ministry. You may select gifts from the wish list here: Gift Tags. Once you access this page you may select: "Adopt a Child's Wish", "Adopt a Family" or "Partner Ministry" from the tabs across the top of the page.
For more information and details of where to bring your gifts click here.
Volunteer to assist with the gifts and families click here.
If you prefer to leave the shopping to us, you may donate at this link.
CHRISTMAS RESOURCE CENTER
The Christmas Store serves families that are working people who simply cannot absorb the added expenses of the holiday season. Gifts, big meals, traveling to see friends and relatives… even a Christmas tree can be an extravagance they can’t afford.
Let’s bring JOY & HAPPINESS to those who need a little HOPE this Christmas!
We invite you to help us share the joy of Christmas by serving at the Christmas Store where families will purchase new gifts for $1, $3, $5 and $10 taking the stress out of the holiday season.
You can volunteer at the Christmas Store or donate toys or money for toys at the following link! Volunteer or Donate
Food Assistance and Distribution Sites
Volunteer or receive assistance from our food pantry and clothes closet.
- Reveal Resource Center serves the greater Austin area, including all of our campuses. Located at our Christian Resource Center at Twin Lakes Fellowship (1150 S. Bell Blvd. Cedar Park). Opportunities to assist setting up Monday mornings 9-11:00 am. and distributing Monday evenings from 6-8:30 pm and Tuesday mornings 8:30 am-12:00 pm. You can get more information and connect here.
- Austin Reconciliation Church on Cameron Road in North Austin to provide volunteers for their food distribution on Wednesdays from 3-5:00 pm. If you're interested in volunteering, please reach out to our Coordinator Due West at [email protected]
- Hill Country Community Ministries that serves our Crystal Falls area. For more information, visit their website.
- Round Rock Serving Center for those living in the Round Rock area.
- Due to the economic downturn and loss of income for many in our family, they will most likely need assistance through our Hope Benevolence Ministry. We are also doing additional outreach to help First Responders, Healthcare Workers, and Distribution Centers during this time. If you would like to give to assist in these, and give beyond your regular giving, you may make a donation online to our Benevolence or Community Outreach funds here.
COVID-19 Response & Resources
During this time of unprecedented impact by the pandemic virus outbreak, many are asking how they can be used to assist those most affected or at risk. Here are a few ways we recommend for your prayerful consideration:
- Be in prayer for God to move in a significant way to use you and this outbreak to bring others to Himself and for His protection and provision.
- Check with your neighbors to see if they have any needed assistance you can provide. This is a great way to bless them!
- If you find yourself struggling physically, emotionally, or spiritually during this time, make sure to check out our Resource blog that was developed by our Counseling team. You can visit it at https://www.hcbc.com/resources-blog/.
COVID-19 Small Business & Job Seeker Response
If you are a small business owner, leader of a non-profit, or independent contractor, we'd love to connect with you! Join our Facebook page for useful resources, connections, and to be in community with others who are in similar situations during this time. You can find our page here.
Job Seekers Network has expanded its services and offerings during this covid-19 time. To keep up to date on their Monday meetings and other seminars, visit their website here.
COVID Rangers Masks
Over the past few months we have joined forces with the COVID Rangers to provide local hospitals and other agencies with masks and mask covers for their staff as they serve to protect our community. To date we've had over 100 volunteers make and provide 4,200 masks for our first responders and workers in hospitals, clinics, and nursing homes! Thank you to our amazing volunteers!
Not sure where to serve?
Discover Hill Country is the perfect place to start. Week 3 of this 4-week series of classes we hold each month will help you learn more about the gifts and unique abilities God has placed in you. You will also find current opportunities to begin making a difference in the world around you. Sign up today!
If you still want some help figuring out where you can serve, fill out our volunteer interest form & we’ll help you, your family, or your small group find their best volunteering fit. Or email us at [email protected] with your specific questions.