One of our deepest passions is impacting others in our community with the love of Jesus Christ. Through our Community Impact ministries, we mobilize and equip the people of Hill Country to make a difference in the lives of those around us, serving them in a variety of ways.
Three Key Volunteer Initiatives
Impacting Others during COVID-19
COVID-19 Response & Assistance
During this time of unprecedented impact by the pandemic virus outbreak, many are asking how they can be used to assist those most affected or at risk. Here are a few ways we recommend for your prayerful consideration:
- Be in prayer for God to move in a significant way to use you and this outbreak to bring others to Himself and for His protection and provision.
- Check with your neighbors to see if they have any needed assistance you can provide. This is a great way to bless them!
- Volunteer to drive a senior to medical visits, grocery assistance or other needs. For years we have provided this service through our affiliate, Faith in Action Drive a Senior Northwest. You can volunteer here.
- Be a Servant on Standby (SOS). If anyone in our church family has an immediate need, they can contact our SOS coordinator and it will be distributed out to our SOS team to respond. You can join our SOS distribution or request a need by contacting: [email protected]
- Volunteer or receive assistance from our food pantry and clothes closet, Reveal. You can volunteer for Monday morning set up or distribution on Monday evenings and Tuesday mornings. You can get more information and connect here.
- Due to the economic downturn and loss of income for many in our family, they will need assistance through our Hope Benevolence Ministry. If you would like to give to assist in this, and give beyond your regular giving, you may make a donation online to our benevolence fund here.
COVID Rangers Masks
We are joining forces with the COVID Rangers to provide local hospitals and other agencies with masks and mask covers for their staff as they serve to protect our community. You can assist through a number of ways:
- Donating materials and supplies - tight weave cotton/poly blend (fun colors), 1/4" herringbone tape or bias tape, floral or light weight wire for nose strips
- Cutting out material from patterns
- Sewing mask covers
- Processing completed mask covers for quality control, laundry, and distribution
Signup here to be a part of the Hill Country arm of the COVID Rangers. Once you submit your information, you will receive an email with information on how to move forward.
Williamson County Essential Needs Drop-off
HCBC Lakeline (Gym Entrance) will be a drop-off location for essential items that will then be delivered to hospitals that are in need. Hours of Operation are Monday-Thursday 10am-2pm.
If you would like to donate, here are the items we are receiving:
- Hand sanitizer
- Antibacterial soap
- Disinfectant wipes
- Latex free gloves
- NEW thermometers
- Eye protection goggles or glasses
- Face shields
- Protective gowns
- Adult and child diapers
- Cleaning supplies
- N95 and Homemade masks
If you are interested in serving at the drop off location, please visit our signup here.
We are partnering with We Are Blood and will be hosting mobile blood drives at our Lakeline, Steiner Ranch, and Brushy Creek locations. Please know that we will be following all social distancing and sanitation procedures.
- Lakeline - April 15 | 9am-3pm | Sign up here.
- 12124 Ranch Road 620N | Austin, TX | 78750
- Steiner Ranch - April 15 | 10am-2pm | Sign up here.
- 4310 N Quinlan Park Road | Austin, TX | 78732
- Brushy Creek Offices - April 17 | 10am-2pm | Sign up here.
- 555 Round Rock West Drive, Suite D140 | Round Rock, TX | 78681
Not sure where to serve?
Discover Hill Country is the perfect place to start. Week 3 of this 4-week series of classes we hold each month will help you learn more about the gifts and unique abilities God has placed in you. You will also find current opportunities to begin making a difference in the world around you. Sign up today!
If you still want some help figuring out where you can serve, fill out our volunteer interest form & we’ll help you, your family, or your small group find their best volunteering fit. Or email us at [email protected] with your specific questions.
Community Impact Events