One of our deepest passions is impacting others in our community with the love of Jesus Christ. Through our Community Impact ministries, we mobilize and equip the people of Hill Country to make a difference in the lives of those around us, serving them in a variety of ways.
Three Key Volunteer Initiatives
Impacting Others during COVID-19
COVID-19 Response & Resources
During this time of unprecedented impact by the pandemic virus outbreak, many are asking how they can be used to assist those most affected or at risk. Here are a few ways we recommend for your prayerful consideration:
- Be in prayer for God to move in a significant way to use you and this outbreak to bring others to Himself and for His protection and provision.
- Check with your neighbors to see if they have any needed assistance you can provide. This is a great way to bless them!
- If you find yourself struggling physically, emotionally, or spiritually during this time, make sure to check out our Resource blog that was developed by our Counseling team. You can visit it at https://www.hcbc.com/resources-blog/.
- Volunteer or receive assistance from our food pantry and clothes closet. Reveal Resource Center serves the greater Austin area, including all of our campuses. We are especially in need of some strong men and women to assist with our Monday morning setup. You can get more information and connect here.
- In addition to Reveal, we also have Hill Country Community Ministries that serves our Crystal Falls area. For more infomation, visit their website.
- We are also partnering with Austin Reconciliation Church to provide volunteers for their food distribution on Wednesdays. If you're interested in volunteering, please reach out to our Men's Pastor Nate Echelberger at [email protected]
- Reveal and ARC have been able to provide food for over 500 families weekly!
- Due to the economic downturn and loss of income for many in our family, they will most likely need assistance through our Hope Benevolence Ministry. We are also doing additional outreach to help First Responders, Healthcare Workers, and Distribution Centers during this time. If you would like to give to assist in these, and give beyond your regular giving, you may make a donation online to our Benevolence or Community Outreach funds here.
Kids' Virtual School Opportunity
Families are struggling with decisions regarding their kids’ education for this fall. As school is only offered virtually for at least the first 3.5 weeks of the semester, many families must decide between leaving kids at home alone unsupervised or not working. Other families can’t find safe environments to leave their kids during the school day for their virtual learning while they're at work.
As a result, Hill Country will be partnering with Highpoint Fellowship Church and their High Hope After School program to provide Virtual School for kids starting August 13th, until their school district reopens for in class instruction.
- Families can apply to place their kids into the program that will run 7am–6:30pm each day. They have a 2-5 day a week option for families.
- We will have scholarships available for those who need them.
If you or someone you know is interested in this opportunity, please visit this link.
COVID-19 Small Business & Job Seeker Response
If you are a small business owner, leader of a non-profit, or independent contractor, we'd love to connect with you! Join our Facebook page for useful resources, connections, and to be in community with others who are in similar situations during this time. You can find our page here.
Job Seekers Network has expanded its services and offerings during this covid-19 time. To keep up to date on their Monday meetings and other seminars, visit their website here.
COVID Rangers Masks
Over the past few months we have joined forces with the COVID Rangers to provide local hospitals and other agencies with masks and mask covers for their staff as they serve to protect our community. To date we've had over 100 volunteers make and provide 3,275 masks for our first responders and workers in hospitals, clinics, and nursing homes! Thank you to our amazing volunteers!
Hill Country Bible Church, HCBC Leander, For the Children, and local businesses partner with LISD each year to provide school supplies, backpacks, and resources for economically disadvantaged elementary & middle school students. This year more than ever we wanted to serve our Community and families in this way. We were able to stuff 2,900 backpacks with supplies for students! Thank you so much to those who volunteered to serve!
If you missed the opportunity to volunteer, no worries! We are still accepting donations. Your online donations allow us to purchase new materials at manufacturer's cost. For every $8 donated, we can provide a backpack filled with grade-specific school supplies. If you would like to make a donation to help meet the needs of 2,900 students, visit our donation link and give under the 'Backpack Attack' section.
Not sure where to serve?
Discover Hill Country is the perfect place to start. Week 3 of this 4-week series of classes we hold each month will help you learn more about the gifts and unique abilities God has placed in you. You will also find current opportunities to begin making a difference in the world around you. Sign up today!
If you still want some help figuring out where you can serve, fill out our volunteer interest form & we’ll help you, your family, or your small group find their best volunteering fit. Or email us at [email protected] with your specific questions.