Building a Godly Marriage
Whether you’re thinking of getting married, are a newlywed, or have been married for decades, we want to help you build a strong, God-glorifying marriage. Through equipping classes, mentorship opportunities, and community groups, we seek to help marriages in every stage build a Christ-centered relationship.
Learn more about each of our opportunities below, and reach out if you have any questions!
re|engage | All Campuses
Marriage is a magnificent representation of Christ’s love for His church, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy. When two people make a covenant to love and honor one another for the rest of their days, it’s challenging – even for the most seasoned marriage veterans. Fortunately, there’s re|engage.
re|engage is a program that offers hope to all marriages – whether you’re struggling to get along, feel more distant than ever before, or simply want to grow closer together as husband and wife. It is a community-driven experience with facilitator couples to help you. It's also a place where you'll be encouraged by the stories of different married couples who have experienced the victory God offers marriages in the midst of hard times.
New participants are welcome to join us the first Tuesday of every MONTH!
Check out this story from one of our Hill Country couples:
Date, Time & Location
Tuesdays | 6:30PM-8:15PM | Lakeline - North Auditorium
- Newcomer's information sessions are held in-person on the first Tuesday of each month.
- May 3
- June 7
- July 5
- re|engage will not meet on the following days this summer:
- June 21
- July 12
- If there is enough interest, an online NewComers session may become available.
- Open Groups meet every week for any couples who have already attended NewComers.
- If you are returning to Open or Closed Groups, please register for CHILDCARE HERE. If registration is closed, please contact Brynn Earley at [email protected] with questions about available space.
- NewComers REGISTER HERE so that we know you, as well as children, are coming.
**Childcare registration will close each Monday morning in order for Childcare to place children. Registration will open up again on Wednesday mornings.**
Some Things to know:
What does a typical Tuesday night look like?
Couples from across the spectrum are never alone and engage with one another in this ministry through groups:
- Open Group | As couples await being placed into a Closed Group, they will attend Open Group, which offers couples the opportunity to begin working on their marriage. This environment fosters group discussion on different marriage topics while also creating the space to begin sharing each other’s stories. Participants learn the value and ground rules of Small Group.
- Childcare for Open Groups will need to register weekly Please register HERE and select the childcare option.
- Closed Group | When enough couples are ready to join, and a facilitator couple is ready, a Closed Group is formed with 4-5 participating couples to walk through the 16-lesson curriculum together in a virtual format. Once formed, no new couples are added to the Closed Group. Once this group starts, you can expect it to last 4-6 months. If/when you and your spouse decide to join a re|engage closed small group, there is a fee of $75. This fee will contribute to the administratrive cost of books and running the re|engage ministry.
For more information about re|engage, e-mail us at [email protected]
PreMarital Mentoring | All Campuses
Are you engaged or considering marriage?
We would love to partner with you as you prepare for a fulfilling marriage. We offer 2-on-2 mentoring with a trained, seasoned married couple using a biblically based curriculum. Your journey begins by taking a helpful Relationship Assessment that will help gauge where you are as a couple. From there, a mentor couple will lead you through a series of sessions (generally about 8 weeks) that concentrate on key areas that will help you as you build your future together.
To get started, please filling out the interest form below.
Important things to consider:
We strongly recommend a 6-month window prior to your wedding day to facilitate mentoring. If it is less than 3 months until your wedding day, we are unable to provide mentoring.
If you desire a pastor from Hill Country to officiate at your wedding, please ensure availability before setting a date.
Officiating Pastor’s Fee
If you desire a pastor from Hill Country we do not have a set fee for the officiating pastor. Marriage ceremonies are a ministry pastors of the church are honored to perform as part of their responsibilities. However, because the pastor is likely dedicating time away from his family to prepare for and participate in your wedding, an honorarium is customary.
If you have questions about the process or are uncertain about meeting the timeframes prior to your wedding day, we would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss your concerns and work with you to seek a biblical solution.
Already married or newlywed? Is this ministry for us?
If you are seeking counseling to assist you in your marriage, Hill Country Bible Church offers both pastoral care and Licensed Professional Counselors to help you. We desire to come alongside you in your time of need to help you on the road of healing. For more information about our counseling department, please click on www.hcbc.com/care or email Shelly at [email protected]
Three-Day Marriage Clinic
The Three-Day Marriage Clinic™, facilitated by Karl Elkins, ThM, MA, LPC-S, will address issues in a concentrated, three-day format. This format allows time for each partner to be heard and to resolve each issue that rises to the surface. Join us from the comfort of your own home for this amazing three-day marriage clinic! All clinics are hosted on zoom and not in person.
What Will You Learn?
• Top 25 Essential Marriage Skills to Help Your Marriage
• One Concept that Stops Anger and Arguing
• Stop Arguing about Money, Communication, Sex, Parenting
• Should I divorce or stay married?
• Recover from Adultery
• Why One-Hour Sessions Don’t Work for Most Couples
• Many more topics
2022 Marriage Clinics
April 29- May 1
Inquire about clinics or request more information contact:
or call 832-358-0900