Building a Godly Marriage
Whether you’re thinking of getting married, are a newlywed, or have been married for decades, we want to help you build a strong, God-glorifying marriage. Through equipping classes, mentorship opportunities, and community groups, we seek to help marriages in every stage build a Christ-centered relationship.
Learn more about each of our opportunities below, and reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any questions
A better marriage starts here.
re|engage is a program that offers hope to all marriages – whether you’re struggling to get along, feel more distant than ever before, or simply want to grow closer together as husband and wife. It is a community-driven experience with facilitator couples to help you. It's also a place where you'll be encouraged by the stories of different married couples who have experienced the life change God has brought to their marriages.
Fall Semester Information
Tuesdays | 6:30PM-8:15PM | Lakeline Location - North Auditorium
- The fall semester of re|engage has launched and are not taking new Closed Group registrants at this time.
- Spring semester will start in early 2023, so stay tuned for more information.
Open Group Information
From October 4 to December 13, we will have Open Groups available for those would like to attend. Open Group offers couples the opportunity to begin working on their marriage. This environment fosters group discussion on different marriage topics while also creating the space to begin sharing each other’s stories before being placed in a committed Closed Group. Should you want to join a Closed Group, you will be able to join in the Spring Semester starting on February 2, 2023. Registration will open on January 4th, 2023 for the Spring Semester. Note: There will be no re\engage on November 22.
Registration is required, so please register for Open Group at the link below:
Childcare for Open Groups will need to register weekly. Please register below and select the childcare option.
Childcare registration will close each Monday morning in order for Childcare to place children for the event. Registration will open up again on Wednesday mornings. Please be sure to register weekly for Open Group.
Some Things to know:
What does a typical Tuesday night look like?
Couples from across the spectrum are never alone and engage with one another in this ministry through groups:
- On August 23 and 30, couples will get to know more about re|engage, including how to get connected to a Closed Group. This is an opportunity to begin working on your marriage and helps us best connect you to a Closed Group.
- Closed Group | Starting September 6, couples who register will be placed in a Closed Group. Closed Groups are formed with 4-5 participating couples to walk through the 16-lesson curriculum together. Once formed, no new couples are added to the Closed Group. Once this group starts, it will go until January 24th, 2023. After September 6th, no new closed groups will be formed until the Spring Semester, starting February 4th, 2023.
- Open Group | From October 4-December 13, we will offer Open Group for those interested in learning more about re|engage and those wanting to work on their marriages prior to the Spring Semester. Open Group offers couples the opportunity to begin working on their marriage. This environment fosters group discussion on different marriage topics while also creating the space to begin sharing each other’s stories. Participants learn the value and ground rules of Small Group.
Check out this story from one of our Hill Country couples:
For more information about re|engage, e-mail us at [email protected]
We would love to partner with you as you prepare for a fulfilling marriage. We offer 2-on-2 mentoring with a trained, seasoned married couple using a biblically based curriculum. Your journey begins by taking a helpful Relationship Assessment that will help gauge where you are as a couple. From there, a mentor couple will lead you through a series of sessions (generally about 10 weeks) that concentrate on key areas that will help you as you build your future together.
To get started, please filling out the interest form below.
Important things to consider:
We strongly recommend a 6-month window prior to your wedding day to facilitate mentoring. If it is less than 3 months until your wedding day, we are unable to provide mentoring.
If you desire a pastor from Hill Country to officiate at your wedding, please ensure availability before setting a date.
Officiating Pastor’s Fee
If you desire a pastor from Hill Country we do not have a set fee for the officiating pastor. Marriage ceremonies are a ministry pastors of the church are honored to perform as part of their responsibilities. However, because the pastor is likely dedicating time away from his family to prepare for and participate in your wedding, an honorarium is customary.
If you have questions about the process or are uncertain about meeting the timeframes prior to your wedding day, we would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss your concerns and work with you to seek a biblical solution.
Already married or newlywed? Is this ministry for us?
Three-Day Marriage Clinic
The Three-Day Marriage Clinic™, facilitated by Karl Elkins, ThM, MA, LPC-S, will address issues in a concentrated, three-day format. This format allows time for each partner to be heard and to resolve each issue that rises to the surface. Join us from the comfort of your own home for this amazing three-day marriage clinic! All clinics are hosted on zoom and not in person.
What Will You Learn?
• Top 25 Essential Marriage Skills to Help Your Marriage
• One Concept that Stops Anger and Arguing
• Stop Arguing about Money, Communication, Sex, Parenting
• Should I divorce or stay married?
• Recover from Adultery
• Why One-Hour Sessions Don’t Work for Most Couples
• Many more topics
2022 Marriage Clinics
Inquire about clinics or request more information contact:
or call 832-358-0900
If you are seeking counseling to assist you in your marriage, Hill Country Bible Church offers both pastoral care and Licensed Professional Counselors to help you. We desire to come alongside you in your time of need to help you on the road of healing. For more information about our counseling department, please click on www.hcbc.com/care or email Shelly at [email protected]
Marriage Upcoming Events