One of our deepest passions is impacting others in our community with the love of Jesus Christ. Through our Community Impact ministries, we mobilize and equip the people of Hill Country to make a difference in the lives of those around us, serving them in a variety of ways.
We have three key volunteer initiatives: Education Connection, the Christian Resource Center, and Missional Teams. Explore to find out more about what's happening now and our key volunteer initiatives.
Along with our upcoming events, we have some exciting initiatives right now. Select an opportunity below to find out more.
Central Texas Flood Response
For the most up-to-date information on our disaster response efforts, go to hcbc.com/disasterrelief.
Fall Food Drive
On Sunday, November 18, we will host our annual Fall Food Drive for Thanksgiving to benefit local families and our ministries in the community.
This year, we are praying to receive enough donations to bless 600 families in need with complete Thanksgiving meal boxes AND to provide food items, baby food and bottles, and winter jackets to support local programs. With each donation — from frozen turkeys to canned fruit to warm coats — we are following the example Jesus set for us, by meeting practical needs first and then sharing His love.
You can be a part of what God is doing in our community by serving in several ways:
- Pass out bags on November 4 and 11 - Thank you!
- Shop for requested items
- Donate online
- Help collect, sort and pack items on event day. This is a great opportunity for families with children to serve together.
Shopping Lists by Campus
Sign up to Volunteer!
Whether you are passing out bags after services or helping collect items on event day, you can make a difference by volunteering. Select your campus to sign up!
Lakeline: 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Brushy Creek and Steiner Ranch: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Tree of Lights
The Tree of Lights is Hill Country's annual giving program to provide gifts for children and partnering agencies. This year we are partnering with Arrow Child & Family Ministries, Presbyterian Children’s Home, The Settlement Home for Children, Mission Possible, Agape Pregnancy Resource Center, Gideons International, Reveal Resource Center, Easter Seals, HCBC Prison Ministry, Foster Village Austin and Cedar Park Blue Santa
Below are the ways you, your family or small group can get involved.
- Nov. 25, Dec. 2, Dec. 9 - Distribute gift tags or receive donations at lobby trees
- Dec. 2, Dec. 9 - Wrap and sort gifts
- Dec. 8 - Help at the Arrow Christmas Party to serve lunch, supervise Christmas crafts and enjoy the excitement as the foster children receive their gifts
Select a gift wish tag to fulfill:
- Nov. 25, Dec. 2 - Visit one of the Lobby Christmas trees to select your tag – select early as tags go quickly!
- Dec. 2, Dec. 9 - Return gifts to church lobbies. Gift tags taken 12/9 will need to be returned to the church office, Building C, by 12/12.
- Give online to provide funds that support purchasing items for the partnering ministries.
In addition, the Christian Resource Center is looking for donations and volunteers for their "Christmas Store" Dec. 6, 7, 8 or 9 at Twin Lakes Fellowship.
Questions? Contact Tree of Lights Coordinator Carla Robertson, 512-258-2321.
Not sure where to serve?
Discover Hill Country is the perfect place to start! Week 3 of this 4-week series of classes we hold each month will help you learn more about the gifts and unique abilities God has placed in you. You will also find current opportunities to begin making a difference in the world around you. Sign up today!
If you still want some help figuring out where you can serve? Fill out our volunteer interest form & we’ll help you, your family, or your small group find their best volunteering fit!
Community Impact Events