Why the Colson Fellows Program
From the opening pages of Scripture, God gives us a glorious mission: to partner with him in taking his good creation and making it flourish. God calls humanity not just to inhabit the world but to make something of it and mold and shape it according to his design and direction.
The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. –Genesis 2:15
As believers, we should not be merely participants in the culture around us. God calls us to be active in shaping and impacting our culture for Christ and his kingdom. In the Colson Fellows Program, we help to develop in our participants a strong, Christian worldview so that they can boldly and intentionally go out into the world around them and be effective ministers of the Gospel in all spheres of our culture.
In the Colson Fellows Program, we examine a myriad of issues and ideologies that are flooding our marketplaces, schools and universities, homes, and even our churches. Colson Fellows spend time looking at topics like racial tension, gender identity, sexual orientation, Critical Race Theory, religious liberty, and the sanctity of life. Not only that, but we look at different worldviews and the many ideologies that have shaped our culture over time.
Colson Fellows are a diverse and courageous community of Christians—from corporate CEOs and university professors to homeschool moms, teachers, pastors, and ministry leaders—all pursuing God’s glory in every arena of life for the good of the world.
This ten-month course will guide you through the intersections of theology, faith, and culture. You will engage in daily devotionals related to contemporary cultural issues, complete curated book studies, and interact with faculty and fellow students from across the country on the Colson Fellows Learning Platform.
Course Duration: July 1, 2022 through April 30, 2023
Course Commissioning: May 2023
- Daily Devotionals (Monday- Friday) that provide a scriptural thread weaving together all course components
- Weekly video assignments that serve as resources for discussion and teaching
- Bi-Weekly webinars with Christian thought leaders and many of the authors of the assigned books
- Monthly in person gatherings with your HCBC cohort members and mentors to discuss course material for a deeper understanding and application of the content
- Teaching Practicum in which you will develop a 4-5 session mini course on a worldview topic of your choice in order to grow your participants understanding of God’s mission in the world and their part in it.
- 3-year Plan for Ministry in which you will develop a strategy to impact the world around you through what you’ve learned in the program and what God has called you to do.
Additional Program Features:
- 24/7/365 access to the Colson Fellows Online Learning Platform
- Strengths Finder Assessment
- Lifetime access to Colson Center resources and ongoing worldview education
- Inclusion in a network of over 2,500 Colson Fellows working across the globe in various spheres of Christian ministry.
Typically, participants in the Colson Fellow Program pay $900 in tuition. Through an exclusive licensing agreement with the Colson Center, Hill Country Bible Church members only pay $450 in tuition.
Participants will need to purchase course books from a source of their choosing, such as Amazon. Estimated book cost is an additional $200.
Applications are due no later than June 1, 2022
Pre-reading begins on or before July 1, 2022
Online access to the course opens the first week of August 2022.
Cohort meetings with fellow Hill Country attenders will be held monthly on the first Saturday of the month from 8:30am - 12:00pm beginning August 2022 and run through April 2023.
Students should expect to spend 6-8 hours a week on curriculum throughout the 10 month program
Students completing the program will be commissioned in May 2023.