Be a BLESSing
What is BLESS?
BLESS is an acronym for five missional practices that Jesus and his early disciples constantly modeled. BLESS defines a good neighbor and friend and is every disciple’s approach to impacting people far from God with the love of Jesus Christ.
Begin with Prayer
• Praying regularly for the same heart and love for people that Jesus has.
• Praying regularly for people far from God in your spheres of influence (FRANC).
(Matthew 9:36-38; Acts 26:29; Romans 10:1; Colossians 4:2-4)
Listen with Care
• Entering spiritual conversations by asking questions, listening, and formulating Jesus-honoring responses.
(John 4:10-26; Acts 8:26-40; Colossians 4:5-6)
• Sharing meals with people who don’t yet know Christ personally.
(Mathew 9:9-13; Luke 11:37; Luke 19:1-10)
Serve with Love
• Serving people and inviting them to help you in different ways.
(Mark 10:45; John 4:7; Romans 15:1-3)
Share Your Story and God’s Story
• Sharing your salvation story in relevant ways. Speaking openly about your relationship with Christ and sharing how He is impacting your life.
(Mark 5:19-20; John 4:28 & 39-41; John 9:25; Acts 26:1-23)
• Sharing a simple Gospel illustration clearly and inviting people to trust and follow Christ.
(Acts 2:36-41; Romans 10:8-11; 1 Corinthians 15:1-11)
To download a PDF of the BLESS description along with a checklist to help keep you on track, click here.
Engaging your Child in BLESS
It's never too early to teach your child(ren) about blessing others. And, in fact, it's a great way to bring your family closer together, as you focus on a common goal.
This BLESS brochure offers an easy, practical, and fun way to introduce your child(ren) to the concept of blessing others from identifying the person they will bless to sharing why they love and follow Jesus.