3 Truths About Stewardship
God Owns Everything, We are His Managers
The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.
- It’s normal to talk about “my job, my house, my education, my car, my retirement fund.” Why do we think of these things as being ours?
- What blessing do you think comes from adopting a steward’s mindset and giving God full authority over “your” stuff? What attitudes would that mindset foster?
- Reflect on what it means to be a steward versus an owner. What is one thing you can do today to more fully embrace a steward’s mindset?
Giving is Our Act of Worship in Action
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- Do you give regularly to Hill Country? What is your motivation for giving?
- What do you think it looks like to be a surrendered giver?
- What is one step you can take today to become a more surrendered giver?
Generosity is a Lifestyle in Which We Demonstrate God's Love
2 Corinthians 9:11
You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
- What do you think a generous lifestyle looks like?
- How would you rate your level of generosity?
- What practices of gratitude for all that God has done for you can you implement today to grow a heart of generosity?