Responding through Prayer and Service
The damage from Hurricane Harvey has devastated our neighbors in the coastal regions of Texas. While their situation is no longer at the forefront of the news media, the destruction is still very real for those whose homes and possessions were destroyed by flood waters. Let’s help restore hope and offer a tangible expression of God’s love through our response to the needs of many.
We are encouraging everyone at Hill Country Bible Church to get involved in support of the needs that have been identified. Here are some options to consider:
- PRAY for the families as they recover. Pray that God’s mighty hand is unmistakable as the Church rises up to meet the needs of the impacted communities.
- GIVE Financially — 100% of your donations will go directly to relief efforts that support families managing the loss of their homes and property and to the relief workers serving them.
- GO on an HCBC Relief Team trip. HCBC is sending multiple volunteer teams every week from now through Jan. 14th to clean out homes devastated by flood waters. We are currently focused on meeting the needs of residents in Port Arthur, where nearly 80% of homes were flooded. The lodging, food and supplies for these trips are in place, and all you have to do is decide to GO. Invite your small group, neighbors, co-workers and friends. Everyone is welcome, and volunteers do not have to be HCBC members. As soon as your team decides on a date, sign up online and you will receive more details about your assignment.
- GO on a City-wide Disaster Relief trip organized by ADRN, Greater Port Arthur churches, Christ Together Austin, ABBA and other partners to provide a massive clean-up effort. Organizers are praying for 1,000 people to clean out at least 100 houses for each of three weekends: Dec. 1-3, Dec. 8-10, and Jan. 19-21.
- SERVE Locally to meet the needs of our local partners, including Austin Disaster Relief Network. HCBC is an active member in this network of more than 175 Greater Austin churches and thousands of trained volunteers bringing hope into crisis. Check the link often as the highest needs change frequently. Opportunities include shepherding families as they relocate to the Austin area, serving at distribution centers, providing meals and snacks for volunteers, and donating supplies to meet specific requests.
GO on HCBC TripsGO on City-Wide TripsSERVE LocallyGIVE Financially
Who should GO? What type of work would I be expected to do? What are the costs? If you are considering a trip but have questions first, please refer to the What to Expect document for more information.
What to Expect
We are seeing God move in powerful ways as we work together to help our neighbors in need. Check out our Facebook page for pictures and videos of our teams in action and get to know the people we’ve been blessed to meet and serve alongside. Don’t forget to Like, Comment and Share our posts!