Responding to Hurricane Harvey in Prayer and Service
The damage from Hurricane Harvey has devastated our neighbors in the coastal regions of Texas. You can make a difference in thousands of lives by helping with hurricane relief!
Your response in helping our neighbors has been tremendous. Thanks to your generous donations of supplies and due to the rapidly changing nature of the response effort, our current needs have shifted to include Prayer, Response Team Members / Trip Leaders, RV’s on Loan, Serving Locally and Financial Donations.
Volunteer for TripsRVs on Loan
Serve LocallyGive Financially
Who should GO? What type of work would I be expected to do? What are the costs? If you are considering a trip but have questions first, please refer to the FAQ for more information.
We are asking that every single person at Hill Country Bible Church get involved in support of the needs that have been identified.
The magnitude of need is great; the magnitude of our response must also be great. Here are some options to consider:
- PRAY for the families as they recover. Pray that God’s mighty hand is unmistakable as the Church rises up to meet the needs of the impacted communities.
- GIVE Financially — 100% of your donations will go directly to relief efforts that support families managing the loss of their homes and property and to the relief workers serving them.
- GO on a Response Team trip. We have been in frequent contact with churches in our Christ Together network, as well as other relief organizations in the affected areas, and we continue to hear that the most critical need is for clean-up in the weeks and months after the flooding. HCBC is sending weekday and weekend trips to volunteer hubs in Houston and Beaumont currently, with the possibility of additional locations soon. The lodging, food and supplies for these trips are in place, and all you have to do is decide to GO. Invite your small group, neighbors, co-workers and friends. Everyone is welcome, and volunteers do not have to be HCBC members. As soon as your team decides on a date, sign up online and you will receive more details about your assignment.
- LOAN your RV to provide housing for Response Teams on location. Reliable housing for relief workers is in short supply, and RV’s would be a valuable resource in allowing teams to help in the hardest hit areas.
- SERVE LOCALLY to meet the needs of our local partners, including Austin Disaster Relief Network. HCBC is an active member in this network of more than 175 Greater Austin churches and thousands of trained volunteers bringing hope into crisis. Check the link often as the highest needs change frequently. Opportunities include serving at distribution centers, providing meals and snacks for volunteers, and donating supplies to meet specific requests.
We anticipate seeing God move in powerful ways in the coming months as we work together to help our neighbors in need. Thank you for serving others and demonstrating Christ’s love!