Volunteer for a cause and population you're passionate about.
Service opportunities for individuals, families & small groups.
Community Impact partners with 30+ local ministries that are serving a wide variety of populations, including children, teens, adults, the homeless, senior citizens, and more across socioeconomic classes. We encourage Hill Country Bible Church members to volunteer and lend their skill sets to serve those in need through these ministries and our special events. Opportunities exist to serve one-time or long-term, as an individual, family, or small group.
Listing of Community Impact Ministries by Cause / Population Served
Adult Recovery & Job Skills Training
- Apartment Life CARES teams: Live and serve in local apartment communities in order to intentionally share their lives with their neighbors, and connect residents to the church, or serve as a CARES Team Partner and volunteer alongside an apartment ministry team (the CARES team) at least once per month, and consistently as prayer partners.
- Austin Disaster Relief Network: Hill Country Bible Church partners with Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that exists to bring hope into crisis. ADRN’s network enables church members to organize, prepare, mobilize and respond quickly in the event of a disaster, large or small.
- Blood Drives (February, June, October events): HCBC holds blood drives every 4 months and on a special needs basis at all 3 campuses. Details posted on hcbc.com/events page.
- Career Life Ministry: Faith based classroom environment teaching certified electrical, plumbing, and other trade skills at the Christian Resource Center.
- Christian Family Counseling Center: A bible-based, Christ-centered, rational/emotive counseling service with the “rational” aspect based on the New Testament part of the Bible. Located at the Christian Resource Center.
- Engage: A non-partisan ministry team to encourage believers in Christ to engage! more in the civic arena; to intentionally educate, encourage and engage believers to take Christ into civic activities to serve our community, state and country.
- Evangelism Basics Class & Follow-Up Team (quarterly event): Community Impact provides quarterly equipping to enhance your evangelism tool kit. Practical experience is gained by making benevolence follow-up calls with an experienced coach. Details posted on hcbc.com/events page.
- Faith Home Restoration: Christian home providing a safe environment and community for women that desire to walk through the restoration process with God. A partner ministry of the Christian Resource Center.
- Gideons: God’s Word for the World – Scripture distribution to meet the needs of those searching.
- Job Seekers Network: Helping job seekers find a better job through networking, spiritual encouragement, and valuable resources. A partner of the Christian Resource Center.
- Life Bridge Job Corps: Faith-based job readiness and life skills training for adults including computer skills, ESL and GED prep. A ministry of the Christian Resource Center.
Children & Teens
- Backpack Attack (August event): HCBC, HCBC Leander, For the Children, and local businesses to provide school supplies and backpacks for economically disadvantaged elementary & middle school students. Details posted on hcbc.com/events page.
- CARS Owens Garage: A faith based youth development program designed to reach and connect with young people ages 14-24 in a vocational and recreational setting. The program teaches automobile ASE certified care and repair and basic life skills through mentoring at the Christian Resource Center.
- Cub & Boy Scouts of America: HCBC sponsors Pack/Troop 234 providing a values-based program for young people that builds character and leadership, as well as training them in responsibilities of participating, citizenship, and developing personal fitness.
- Education Connection: Participate in a city-wide effort for every child reading by the end of the third grade.
- GO Camp Nikos (August event): If you want to grow in your confidence when communicating the gospel to children, GO Camp Nikos could be perfect for you. Join this team to give inner-city kids their first chance to experience camp.
- Mission: Possible! Austin: Big Fish Club and Restoration Art Center serve children and families in East Austin and Pflugerville. Church Under the Bridge exists to connect the Body of Christ across the greater Austin area with individuals in under-resourced areas for personal transformation through life-on-life relationships.
- Moms in Prayer: An organization with a mission to impact children and schools worldwide for Christ by gathering mothers to pray. Pray for children of all ages, teachers, staff, and parents while providing support and encouragement for schools.
- Nineveh Ministries: Youth development & mentoring for juveniles incarcerated or formerly incarcerated. Located at the Christian Resource Center.
- Partners Against Child Trafficking (PACT): A ministry that is transforming the way the world fights against child sex trafficking. PACT unites partners with resources to release and restore children from bondage by uniting through partnerships, caring for survivors, and giving hope for our children.
- Tree of Lights (the 3 Sundays following Thanksgiving): Annual giving program to provide gifts for children supported through our partnering agencies and local families in need. Select a tag off of one of the Christmas trees to purchase a gift. Details posted on hcbc.com/events page.
- Wilderness Ridge Camp at Forest Glen: An independent, non-denominational, low-cost Christian camp for boys.
- Williamson County Court Mentoring: HCBC partners with Williamson County to provide mentors for students assigned by the court. Model the love and hope of Jesus Christ through a personal relationship to achieve agreed upon goals.
- YoungLives of NW Austin: Offers emotional and spiritual support for teen moms through mentoring relationships. Also provides behind the scenes support and encouragement to college leaders working in this ministry.
- Agape Pregnancy Resource Center: Pregnancy clinic serving adults & teens in Round Rock and Williamson County. Mobile unit is available at the Christian Resource Center in Cedar Park on the 2nd, 4th and 5th Tuesdays of each month.
- Austin Pregnancy Resource Center: Pregnancy clinic serving adults & teens in Central Austin. Mobile unit is available at the Christian Resource Center on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month.
Foster/Adopt Children & Families
Homeless & Under-Resourced Individuals
- Bags of Grace: A ministry that assembles and distributes gallon size zipper bags containing water, non-perishable food and other basic items for our homeless community, Church Under the Bridge, and others in need.
- Christian Compassion Center: The Christian Compassion Center (C3) collects merchandise for distribution to Austin citizens in need, free of charge, through associated faith-based organizations in the city. Located at the Christian Resource Center.
- Food Drives (May, November events): Twice a year, HCBC holds food drives benefitting our family of ministries, including the Austin Diaper Bank, Leander ISD / Round Rock ISD Weekend Food Programs, Food Pantries, Mission Possible, and Pregnancy Resource Centers. Details posted on hcbc.com/events page.
- Reveal Resource Center: Food & clothing pantry serving homeless/low-income individuals at the Christian Resource Center.
- Round Rock Area Serving Center: Food & clothing pantry serving homeless/low-income individuals in Round Rock.
- Twin Lakes Community Gardens: Community garden benefitting homeless/low-income individuals. A ministry of the Christian Resource Center.
- Bill Glass Champions for Life (annual weekend event): A prison ministry that trains volunteers in evangelism to reach out to inmates during weekend events. Must attend training Friday night before events.
- God of Hope: The God of Hope Ministries provide Christian care to men and women incarcerated in Austin and the central Texas area.
- Kairos (weekend events): Provides emotional and spiritual support to prison inmates and families through weekend events and ongoing support. (Locations: Hondo, Dilley and Gatesville, TX).
- Prison Fellowship: A ministry that partners with local churches to provide spiritual mentoring to individuals and families affected by incarceration, specifically working with male inmates at the Bartlett State Jail on Thursday evenings.
- Texas Reach Out Ministries: Provides housing & discipleship for individuals released from prison.
- Drive A Senior Northwest: Offers free transportation and other support services for senior adults to live independently in their own homes. A partner ministry of the Christian Resource Center.