Each year over 10,000 LISD and RRISD elementary and middle school students start school without a backpack or basic school supplies. Let's help these students kick the school year off right! LISD,RRISD, For the Children, Cedar Park and Leander Chambers of Commerce, HCBC Leander and HCBC Austin are partnering to provide backpacks with basic school supplies for students who qualify for the free and reduced lunch program. Each backpack filled with supplies costs $8 which normally retails for approximately $40.
Here are two ways you can get involved!
We will continue to accept donations through 8/16 - 450 backpack units to go!
Every $8 pays for a backpack filled with basic supplies ($40 value)
SERVE LISD - Sign up now to serve
LISD Serving opportunities will be at the LEO Center in Leander (300 S. West Drive 78641). Please let us know if you are willing to be a coordinator in an area and any children's names and ages in the notes section of the form.
- August 6 - 2-5 pm - Set up tables and unpack backpacks and supplies at the LEO Center
- August 7 - 8am-until approx. Noon - Fill backpacks with supplies
- August 8 - shifts: 7 am-1 pm - Distribution day: help with set up/tear down, greeting and hosting families, bounce houses, face painting, refreshments, distributing backpacks, general help and coordinators for each area for all shifts
SERVE RRISD - Sign up now to serve
RRISD serving opportunities will be at Cedar Ridge HS (2801 Gattis School Road, Round Rock, 78664) The Round Rock ISD Partners in Education Foundation is looking for volunteers to help prep and distribute bags. Students ages 10-17 are encouraged to volunteer on Wednesday from 9-2 and Thursday evening from 6-9:30.
- August 5 - 9am - 2pm (only time slot still needing volunteers)
- August 6 - 8:30am - 9:30pm
Thank you for blessing the families in our Community!