JOB SEEKERS NETWORK
Networking, encouragement and resource group for job seekers.
Job Seekers Network is a networking, encouragement and resource group to assist local area residents in their job search.
The information below is still up to date. For even more information and resources please go to http://job-seekers-network.org/
Hill Country Bible Church Austin - Lakeline Campus
12124 RR 620 North (1.5 miles west of 183 on 620)
Building A, First Floor Auditorium
Look for signs on Little Elm Trail and at the Northwest Lobby Entrance under the portico. The meeting is inside this entrance, and to the right, down the stairs.
9:00 am to 11:00 am.
The meetings are free and please plan to arrive 5-10 minutes early the first time you come. (The group does not meet on major holidays, at Spring Break, nor at the end of the year.)
Special Programs Starting on January 14
1. Living The Called Life - Join us on Monday mornings starting Jan. 14 for our new series where we help you emphasize your PASSION, PURPOSE and BALANCE in LIFE.
Gaining a New LIFE Perspective
- Living the Called LIFE: job- Career- CALLING (Jan. 14th)
- Decision-Making and the Will of God (Jan. 21st)
- God’s View of Work (Jan. 28th)
- Developing a Growth Plan (Feb. 4th)
(Keynote speakers - Monday mornings, 9 a.m., regular Job Seekers Network meetings.)
Growing in Your LIFE Calling
- Living the Called LIFE Workshop– a hands-on workshop(s) where you’ll assess areas of your calling and work to develop your Life Calling Plan: Life Purpose Statement, Life Verse, Life Growth Plan, Life Values. Short workshop(s) during the week in February (details to follow; nominal fee will be charged).
2. Design & Focus - Assessing your design so you can determine your new focus and calling. Free four week program beginning on January 14, during our Monday morning meetings (plan to stay until 12:30 p.m.). This workshop is for if you want to take some assessments and exercises to get to know yourself better or want to explore some other career options or make a career transition.
Plan to Grow in 2013!
Everyone is welcome whether or not you have a faith background. This is not a Bible study but there is a spiritual component. The job seeker will primarily find practical job search help. This group is useful for the unemployed and the underemployed.
The facilitator, Craig Foster, has 21 years of work experience, the last 11 years with Dell where he was an executive. Craig has helped and taught job seekers on and off for the last 15 years. He has been through seven position transitions himself.
Questions about Job Seekers? Email Craig Foster
Struggling with emotional or relational issues brought on by your job loss? Contact our Biblical Guidance ministry at 512.331.2213.
Do you want to offer your time and talents to Job Seekers Network either during the week or on Monday mornings? Email Craig Foster
If you are the spouse of a job seeker and need some encouragement, please contact Craig Foster.
Find us on LinkedIn
"But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months or drought, their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruit." Jeremiah 17:7-8