HCBC PROTÉGÉ PROGRAM
SEPTEMBER 2014-AUGUST 2015
Thank you for your interest in the HCBC Protégé Program! We will start accepting applications for the 2014-15 Protégé Program beginning January 1, 2014! The application deadline is March 15, 2014. Please click here for the application. If you would like to apply for the program, please send your resume, application, list of references and a photo of you to Cyndi Cooke at email@example.com. Please do not send your resume and completed application until January 1, 2014. Resumes and applications will not be accepted after March 15, 2014. We will begin interviews (phone and in-person) in April and will decide the candidates by May 31.
What is a Protégé
This is a 12-month program that exposes young leaders to ministry while serving on HCBC staff. The protégé program is designed to develop leaders who are passionately committed to giving every person in their spheres of influence repeated opportunities to see, hear and respond to the gospel.
The protégé program exists to invest in young leaders who desire to pursue vocational ministry as pastors, church planters and missionaries.
Each protégé will have the opportunity to "specialize" in one of the following ministries:
- Young Adults
- Global Outreach
- Small Groups
- Student Ministries
- Community Impact
- Children's Ministry
- Staff Meeting- This is a time in which we gather to share what God is doing in our midst, what we are learning from God’s Word and pray with one another.
- Protégé Learning Community- This time will be spent intentionally developing you as a leader, give you the opportunity to share what you are learning with the other protégé and ask questions.
- Ministry Team Meeting- You will meet weekly with the Director and team within your ministry specialty.
- Downline Institute
- Ministry events & responsibilities in your area
- Sunday Responsibilities- Every protégé will be given the opportunity to serve on Sundays
- Retreats and Conferences- You will be given the opportunity to attend two retreats or conferences throughout the year (fall/spring protégé retreat and the staff retreat in April or May).
- Mission Trips- You will have the opportunity to go on a mission trip and to lead a mission trip.
- Theological training through Downline Institute
- Leadership training through various programs (i.e. Discipleship and Biblical Womanhood/Manhood)
- Learning Community- Experience spiritual growth and development as well as mentoring.
In addition to real time feedback, each protégé will be formally evaluated on a quarterly basis. The evaluations will highlight areas of strength and the need for improvement. The evaluations serve as tools for encouragement and self-awareness.