HCBC PROTÉGÉ PROGRAM
The protégé program exists to invest in young leaders who desire to pursue vocational ministry as pastors, church planters and missionaries. This 12-month program exposes protégés to ministry while serving on HCBC staff.
Opportunities for Protégés
The protégé program is designed to develop leaders who are passionately committed to giving every person in their spheres of influence repeated opportunities to see, hear and respond to the gospel.
Weekly Training and Ministry Involvement//
- Protégé Learning Community- This time will be spent intentionally developing you as a leader, give you the opportunity to share what you are learning with the other protégés and grow together.
- Staff Meetings & Leadership Development- Gather with our HCBC staff to celebrate how God is working, worship and pray as well as participate in ongoing leadership development.
- Downline Institute- Gain valuable theological training
- Ministry Meetings & Responsibilites- Meet weekly with your focus ministry's team and play a role on the team!
Hands On Experience// Protégés have the opportunity to "specialize" in one of these ministry areas:
- Sunday Responsibilities- Every protégé will be given the opportunity to serve
- Retreats and Conferences- You will be given the opportunity to attend two retreats or conferences throughout the year (fall/spring protégé retreat and the staff retreat in April or May).
- Mission Trips- You will have the opportunity to go on a mission trip and to lead a mission trip.
In addition to real time feedback, each protégé will be formally evaluated on a quarterly basis. The evaluations will highlight areas of strength and the need for improvement. The evaluations serve as tools for encouragement and self-awareness.
For information about the application process, click here.